Data di pubblicazione sul sito: 13/12/2022
Descrizione/Job description: A Research position will be available in March 2023 at University of Genoa, Department of Experimental Medicine, division of Cellular Biology (supervisor Prof. Chiara Gentili).
Call open: 23.12.22
Salary Range: Research grant position 1 year renewable (28.682,00 Euro)
Contract/Salary: The grant has an initial duration of 12 months. It may be renewed.
Aims of research: The selected candidate will work on EU-Horizon project focused
- Generation and characterization of human iPSC derived MSCs (hiMSCs)
- Establishment of the human mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) and hiMSC specific secretome
- Production, purification, and characterization of extracellular vesicles from human iPSC (hiEVs).
- Cell isolation and culture
- Cellular and molecular biology
- Extracellular vesicles production, purification, and characterization
- Cell imaging.
Required qualification and skills:
- Master's degree in biology or similar;
- Technical expertise linked to cellular biology, biochemistry, and molecular biology.
- Skill in data analysis and image analysis.
Information on the project: Laboratorio di Oncologia Cellulare- Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale- Università degli Studi di Genova, Largo R. Benzi 10, 16132 Genova
Please send a CV and contact information to:
Prof. Chiara Gentili firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 010-5558241; Cell 347-9329410
Data di pubblicazione sul sito: 06/12/2022
Descrizione/Job description: A selective public procedure is announced, by qualifications and interview, for the assignment of 1 "senior grant" to carry out research (hereinafter research grant) at the University of Study of Modena and Reggio Emilia, in the research location better specified hereinafter. This kind of research grant is reserved towards persons with a particular scientific qualification and significant and documented experiences into the research's field (apprenticeship and internship are excluded) demonstrated by participation in publications of results or achievement of patents. Tutor: Dr. Giulia GRISENDI.
Salary Range: The yearly total of research grant is Euro 24.742,00 net of social security contributions to be paid by the Administration. The amount of the grant is paid to the beneficiary in monthly instalments.
Contract/Salary: The grant has an initial duration of 24 months. It may be renewed for a period not less than one year to a maximum of six years. The grant can be awarded, or renewed, also for a duration of less than one year, but in any case, not less than six months, only in order to carry on research projects whose expiration date wouldn't allow to cover a one year grant.
Title of research: Development of in-vivo models to study the biocompatibility and bio-resorption of new polymer-based systems for the release of chemotherapeutic drugs.
Aims of research:The aim of this research is to study, in-vivo by mouse models, the resorption mechanisms and biocompatibility of polymeric systems for the programmed release of chemotherapy drugs. The research involves the implantation of subcutaneous device in immunodeficient mice and the evaluation of their resorption by in-vivo imaging (fluorescence, bioluminescence and ultrasound) and histological analyses
-Animal handling (in particular for immunodeficient mice);
-In-vivo imaging techniques;
-Histology (staining and analysis of murine and human tissues).
Information on the project:General admission requirements
Individuals who have completed a PhD or an equivalent qualification abroad or a postgraduate specialty program of medical area or those who are in possession of a University Degree (old system) in Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Medical Biotechnology, Veterinary Biotechnology, Biological Sciences or an equivalent qualification by law or and Second-Cycle or Specialization School Degree (MD 509/99 and MD 270/2004) deemed as equivalent under ID 9th July 2009, belonging to one of the following classes 9/S, 6/S, LM-9, LM-6 supported with a professional scientific curriculum adequately sufficient to carry out research.
More info on how to apply online: www.unimore.it and at www.ufficio.selezioneassunzione.unimore.it
Data di pubblicazione sul sito: 03/11/2022
Descrizione/Job description: fixed term position of Teaching Fellow (Italian), College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences / Centre for Open Learning (COL) / Languages for All (LfA), University of Edinburgh - Central Area, Midlothian, United Kingdom.
The Centre for Open Learning is pleased to invite applications for the fixed term position of Teaching Fellow (Italian). We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Italian language-teaching practitioner for our non-credit evening short courses.
Salary Range: UE07 £35,333 - £42,155 (per annum, pro rata)
Contract/Salary: 1-year Fixed Term (Maternity Cover), Guaranteed Hours
Job description: This post is a fixed term maternity cover on a Guaranteed Hours basis (minimum 280 hours). The appointee will teach between 5 and 6 morning and evening Italian courses each week during a year period from January 2023 to December 2023, subject to meeting the enrolments threshold.
You will be joining an experienced and very supportive teaching and professional services team at this leading Russell Group university. You will find the Centre for Open Learning to be an exciting, positive, creative, challenging and rewarding place to work. Drawing on scholarship and professional knowledge, you will facilitate student learning through the planning and delivery of effective teaching across the Centre's non-credit provision. We offer a competitive salary within the UE07 grade in recognition of your demonstrated experience and teaching practice.
Essential requirements: Your skills and attributes for success:
- First Degree in relevant subject and/or significant experience and standing in Italian language education
- Up-to-date knowledge of current theory and practice in teaching, learning, course/materials design and assessment in Italian language education
- Innovative and creative approach to teaching, course development and assessment
- Demonstrable experience of learning, teaching and scholarship in Higher Education, Continuing Education and/or Widening Participation
- Fluency in Italian.
Information on the project:
As a valued member of our team you can expect:
An exciting, positive, creative, challenging and rewarding place to work. We give you support, nurture your talent and reward success. The contract will be on a Fixed Term Guaranteed Hours basis. You will benefit from a competitive reward package and a wide range of staff benefits, which includes a generous holiday entitlement, a defined benefits pension scheme, staff discounts, family friendly initiatives, flexible working and much more. Access our staff benefits page for further information and use our reward calculator to find out the total value of pay and benefits provided.
The University of Edinburgh holds a Silver Athena SWAN award in recognition of our commitment to advance gender equality in higher education. We are members of the Race Equality Charter and we are also Stonewall Scotland Diversity Champions, actively promoting LGBT equality.
Interviews will be held within 1-2 weeks from the closing date.
If invited for interview you will be required to evidence your right to work in the UK. Further information is available on our right to work webpages.
The University is unable to sponsor the employment of international workers in this role. International applicants will therefore be unable to apply for and secure a Skilled Worker visa. They will only be able to take up this role if they can demonstrate an alternative right to work in the UK.
Data di pubblicazione sul sito: 04/10/2022
Descrizione/Job description: Maternity leave replacement position
A maternity leave replacement position will be available in January 2023 at IRCCS Ospedale Galeazzi - Sant'Ambrogio in the Laboratory of Applied Biotechnologies (Laboratorio di Applicazioni Biotecnologiche), Via Cristina Belgioioso 173, 20157 Milano, and the Laboratory of Mesenchymal Stem Cell Pharmacology and Regenerative Medicine, Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche, Chirurgiche e Odontoiatriche, Università degli Studi di Milano, Via Luigi Vanvitelli 32, 20129 Milano, MI, headed by Prof Anna Brini.
Contract/Salary: Maternity leave replacement.
Ambito di ricerca/Information on the project: The selected candidate will work on projects aiming at:
- Identifying efficient priming strategies to improve mesenchymal stem/stromal cell secretome
- Investigating the effect of MSC secretome in human osteochondral explants
- Disclosing the regulation of Connexin43 in skeletal-muscle tissues during joint disease.
- Cell isolation and culture
- Cellular and molecular biology
- Cell imaging
Data di inizio/Initial date:January 2023; duration: 8-9 months.
- Master degree in Biology or similar
- Doctoral degree in the field of health and life sciences would be appreciated
- Technical expertise linked to cellular biology, biochemistry and molecular biology
- Skill in data analysis and image analysis.
Info: send a CV and contact information to:
- Anna Teresa Brini at email@example.com
- Stefania Niada at firstname.lastname@example.org
Data di pubblicazione sul sito: 03/10/2022
Descrizione/Job description: Assegno di ricerca Laboratorio di Biochimica Cellulare e Biologia Molecolare. Università Cattolica (Milano)
Ambito di ricerca/Information on the project: Studio dei meccanismi biochimico-molecolari alla base di malattie genetiche coinvolte nel metabolismo dei lipidi neutri e del ruolo di nuovi composti con potenzialità terapeutica.
Data di inizio/Initial date:
Info: Prof.ssa Daniela Tavian email@example.com tel: 02/72348731
Data di pubblicazione sul sito: 21/09/2022
Descrizione/Job description: International Society for Cell and Gene Therapy ISCT Master Programme Scholarships.
Following the success of the 2021/2022 program, ISCT, International Society for Cell & Gene Therapy is proud to offer full tuition scholarships for 3 ISCT European Members to enroll in the 2023/2024 Master Degree or Specialization Degree in Manufacturing of Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products, offered by the University of Granada/ Andalusian Network for the design and translation of Advanced Therapies (ANd&tAT).
The following scholarships will be awarded:
- Two (2) Scholarships for the Master Degree in Manufacturing of Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products
- One (1) Scholarship for the Specialization Degree in Manufacturing of Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products
These programmes are is designed for professionals presently working (or intending to do so) in Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)-compliant facilities producing cell therapy, gen therapy, or tissue engineered products for human use. More specifically, for technologists who will develop advanced therapy medicinal products (ATMPs) in different laboratories and institutions (hospitals, academia, or industry) within Europe, such as:
- Technical Directors or Qualified Persons of ATMP's Pharmaceutical Laboratories
- Manufacturing Managers of ATMP's Pharmaceutical Laboratories
- Quality Control Managers of ATMP's Pharmaceutical Laboratories
- Quality Assurance Expert of ATMP's Pharmaceutical Laboratories
These scholarships are made possible in part by an educational grant from Miltenyi Biotec.
- Applicant must reside in Europe, hold a current ISCT membership, and maintain their ISCT membership throughout the duration of the Master/ Specialization programme
- Applicant must satisfy the requirements/ student profile as outlined in Section 2 of the Master Programme 2023/2024 brochure.
- Applicant training, productivity and experience as indicated in the curriculum vitae, letter of application and letter of recommendation.
- Commitment to a career in ATMP manufacturing as outlined in the letter of application.
- All other considerations being equal, regional representation.
To apply, please submit the following (3) items:
- A 1-2 page letter of application (maximum 1,000 words, Arial, font size 10). The letter should provide the applicant's background, training, interest/ experience in cell and gene therapy production, and career goals. Particular attention and weighting will be placed on the applicant's reasons for attending the programme.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV), preferably in the NIH Biographical Sketch format.
- A 1 page letter of recommendation.
Email application and attachments to Meagan Pasternak (firstname.lastname@example.org) with subject line: ISCT Scholarship Program for EU Members Applications.